Image Map

February 21, 2012

Embroidery Hoop Wall Art

Well here I go again.  I am in PARTY MODE.  I am planning a baby shower for my very best friend in the whole wide world this Saturday. Kelly is having her 3rd child and it is her first GIRL!  Being a girl mom myself, I am pretty excited and can't wait to meet her precious daughter. 


So one project I have done is this HUGE embroidery hoop wall art. I think it is 2 ft in diameter. Kelly is naming her daughter Elizabeth Joy and I thought it would be so sweet to make something to both decorate for the shower and also bring home for the baby's room walls. I plan on putting it above my fireplace since it is pretty large.
Here's a photo with my lens cap so you can see how big it is.
I used a pink and white striped bed sheet as the background fabric and free handed the name lightly in pencil.  I then just embroidered over the lettering with a back stitch.
The flowers are made from fabric scraps and all have a button for the center which ties into my "Cute as a Button" theme. 

I hope to show you more and I am praying Kelly listens to me since I banned her from my blog for the week. :) I think this idea has lots of potential for other creative word fun!  Hmmmm...I need to find a way to do this somewhere in my craft room. :)

Happy Crafting my sweet friends!

14 comments:

  1. How beautiful. What a wonderful gift.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jessica, this is great! I love how you thought of a party decoration that she can take home and use in the new baby's room! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jess, I love this so much. It is beautiful.
    JEN
    p.s. for some reason I cannot post under my google account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it sooo much! The piece you made for Miss M is still so precious to me, so I know FIRSTHAND how much she is going to love it. Thank you for being such a thoughtful friend who pours out her talents on gifts for others. This will be so special for Miss Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too adorable for words!! I can't wait to see more of the shower decor!! I'm sure it will be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! Sweetest gift ever! I can just imagine the joy on that little momma's face!!! What a way to celebrate her! I love all the details you added...so simple yet soooo pretty! By simple I don't mean I think it would be simple to do... but a clean simple design...You know me...Simple to do means buy it for me :) Those flowers & even the stitching are about 10 notches ablove my skilz :) but hey...who knows...maybe someday I will be able to have both my arms long enough to make something so pretty! Not soon...but someday! I am so pinning this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my sweet friend!!!!! you just know how to make my heart melt!!!!!! this is so precious...sweet and adorable! i love every square inch of it! i am so so happy that you are feeling better and creating once again -- the world should not be deprived of your creative genius! your friend is just going to be taken back and will treasure this forever and i am sure that Elizabeth Joy will LOVE LOVE LOVE IT as soon as she is able to take it all in! you are just so very special and talented...everything you touch turns into instant beauty! sending you tons and tons of hugs my friend and i hope you all have the best time ever at the shower!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love the font you have selected. Thank you ever so much for sharing your lovely creation. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it was the most beautiful shower ever! And this gift is so precious to me! Planning to hang it tonight! Thank you for your thoughtfulness and love. You truly showered me with it today! I am humbled and overwhelmed and just feel insanely blessed. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love you so very much girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so adorable! Love the idea of using a sheet for the background.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!