Image Map

September 26, 2014

Decoupage and Painted Milk Bottles

Oh my sweet goodness!  Pinch me I'm dreaming because I'm beyond stoked to be a Creative Team Member with the one and only Eighteen25 Girls! Whaaaaaat?  These girls have been a blessing to me for years and a constant encouragement and source of inspiration. I shared this project a few months back but wanted to share it here as well.
The idea for these pretty bottles came from perusing Pinterest one day and seeing a picture of some pretty spray painted bottles that I am pretty sure were decoupaged with some cut out flowers.  It was one of those times where you whiz by something while scrolling Pinterest on your phone and then poof...you can't find it again. It seemed simple enough so I decided to just try it with scrapbook paper I had on hand and some old Starbucks iced cappuccino bottles that I bought just for the bottles and not the drink. :)

I spray painted the bottles white.  I did mine with three coats but you can spray them until you they are covered the way you like. You should probably seal them as well with a clear spray sealer but I am lazy and did not. Then I grabbed some floral paper that I figured would be relatively easy to cut out. This may take some patience but I find it kind of relaxing.  Weird, right? For spots you cant get to with scissors, just use an X-acto knife on a cutting board.
Now just use Mod Podge to decoupage then to your bottle. Brush a little on the back of the paper and then place it on the bottle.  Brush over the top with a little more glue to keep it flat. I was using card stock so I had to press it down with my finger. Let it dry overnight and that's it.  A pretty and simple project with a stunning result.

P.S. You could also save the lids, spray paint them and use for storage for tiny little craft supplies or even just loose change. I only had one lid to three of these which I painted gold but forgot to take a picture.  Sorry. :(  I hope you enjoyed this project and there will be more to come!

xo sweet friends

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love, love this idea! It seems so do-able...I just might have to try this on plastic, fast-food, kiddie milk bottles...I was going to use them for a bowling game, but I might try animals instead of flowers to make a game...it seems like so much fun! Thank you for sharing your talent, Blessings from Port Huron, Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie...Thank you for such kind words. Your idea sounds just perfect! Blessings right back! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Darling! I just might try this!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!